THIS POLICY SETS OUT HOW WE COLLECT AND HANDLE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU.
We are Maguire Jackson Limited, trading as 'Maguire Jackson Online', a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 05124751 and our registered office is at 13-15 Regent Street, Nottingham, NG1 5BS.
We provide a web-based platform ("Maguire Jackson Online") which provides you with access to and an opportunity to purchase property-related services ("Maguire Jackson Online Services") via our website at the URL www.maguirejacksononline.co.uk ("Our Website").
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller of any of your personal data collected by us is Philip Jackson.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us.
- You may give us information about you by filling in forms on Our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you apply to register to access and use the Maguire Jackson Online, register to receive e-alerts and newsletters, place an order for or subscribe to any Maguire Jackson Online Service, search for a property, exchange messages with other users of Maguire Jackson Online, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on Our Website, enter a competition, promotion or survey, when you make an enquiry via Our Website and when you report a problem with Our Website.
- The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, your security question's answer, log-in password, debit/credit card information and bank account details, personal description and photograph, description and photographs of your property, information about your personal and financial circumstances and mortgage and insurance requirements.
- Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to Our Website and use of the Maguire Jackson Online or any Maguire Jackson Online Services, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, type of device used to access Our Website and location you access our Website via a mobile device; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from Our Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources.
We work closely with third parties (including, for example, the third party websites Rightmove, Zoopla and Primelocation and other business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out checks required for us to comply with our obligations under relevant anti-money laundering regulations including the Money Laundering Regulations 2007, Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, Terrorism Act 2000 and related legislation to verify the identity of both sellers and buyers of properties we list on Maguire Jackson Online;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the Maguire Jackson Online Services you request from us including arranging the provision of any Maguire Jackson Online Services supplied by third parties, arranging viewings and passing your messages on to other users of the Maguire Jackson Online;
- when you purchase or subscribe to any Maguire Jackson Online Services, to take the agreed payment or to pass to any third party provider of the Maguire Jackson Online Services selected. Any debit/credit card information or bank details will be stored by the card merchant and any third party provider of the Maguire Jackson Online Services selected. You can choose not to have your debit/credit card stored should you so wish;
- should you agree a sale or purchase, to disclose your name, address, contact details, the amount the property is being sold or purchased for and any conditions of sale to the legal advisors acting for either or both sides of the transaction and to any mortgage or insurance advisor involved in the transaction;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer similar to those Maguire Jackson Online Services you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to access and use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form);
- to notify you about changes to our terms and Maguire Jackson Online Services;
- to ensure content from Our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- for security reasons to confirm you are who you say you are; and
- to comply with applicable law.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer Our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to perform identity checks where required under relevant anti-money laundering regulations;
- to improve Our Website to ensure content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep Our Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of Our Website about goods or services may interest you or them; and
- to comply with applicable law.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for any of the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of Our Website.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
- Government agencies and /or regulatory authorities as required by applicable law.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Maguire Jackson Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a user name and password which enables you to access certain parts of Our Website, you are responsible for keeping this user name and password secure and confidential. We ask you not to share a user name or password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information and messages via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable steps to protect your personal data and emails, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Website or emails sent or received to us or via Our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the online forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.